Monday, June 29, 2009

Duel Sleepers

Well, the time has come.  Emery is making her journey into the big girls room.  Her crib has been in there for over a year and it is ready for her now.  For the most part, Emery sleeps through the night.  The past few nights she has gotten up because of her teeth, but she does okay other than that.  Her naps are good; Avery's naps are great.  So, today I took them to the pool to tire them out, fed them a great lunch, tried to give them each some special attention, and then put them to bed in the same room.  

It took about fifteen minutes, but they both fell asleep.  Emery cried for a while and Avery kept telling her to go to bed, which sounds about right.  We have a big fan in there to provide some noise cushion.  I was even able to sneek in their room, look at their sweet, sleeping faces, and cover them both with warm blankets.  I have never been able to do this before.  I seem to have light sleepers.  
I would consider it a success if they both get an hour and a half of sleep in today.  We still have to go to the grocery store before dad comes home for dinner, so that might just work out perfectly.  I know many of you have co-sleepers.  Any advice for me?  

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't have any advice, but hooray for the new milestone :)

Annie and Greg said...

Yay for you! And I am jealous. We tried, and now my boys sleep in different rooms. My kids are just too different sleepers right now. Marcus loves his sleep and Will is fine to skip naps, stay up later than anyone else in the house, and be the first one up in the morning. Hopefully you have pretty smooth sailing!

Emily said...

You're in my prayers for a smooth transition.