Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Gotta Go Number Two.




I Gotta Go Number Two.  And, I'm not talking about the bathroom.  I'm talking about Emery. This  time last year I was fully pregnant, having those mixed emotions about wanting to preserve my special time with Avery and wanting to meet my sweet Emery.  Soon, I left Avery for the first time, headed to the hospital, and within a few hours Emery was ready for my hugs.  That night, Ryan, Emery, and I had our only alone time as of yet. 

 Those few sweet hours in the hospital are so romantic.  It seems magical to have your husband and your baby there, tucked into a little corner of the world, where time and noise seem non existent.  But, then, gotta go!  Number two is here!  Life, as we know it, starts all over again.  The noise, the speed - they all return.
Emery turns a year old next Friday.  And, to be honest, it seems like it has been non stop since then.  Someone always needs something, wants something, wants me, faster, better, more, endlessly.  I can't believe that she is growing so quickly.  I think I am going to hold her tightly this week, somehow try to preserve my baby just a little while longer.  

2 comments:

Emily said...

I still hold Xzavier as if he's a baby. He will be three at the end of next month. They'll always be my babies.

Emily said...

I still hold Xzavier as if he's a baby. He will be three at the end of next month. They'll always be my babies.