Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Chill!


Once, a few months ago, in a moment of rage, I told Avery, "Just Chill"!  Now, she uses that as ammo against me.  Today, while I was again in a bad mood because of losing some sleep to teething, Avery reminded me in her sweet voice to "just chill, be happy, no in bad mood mommy".  She was right.  I was choosing my attitude, picking a bad one, and we were all paying the price.  It took me about an hour, but I got out of my funk, thankfully.  Since then, I have been fully aware of how my attitude was influencing the attitude of my children.  

It seems so simple.  Be nice, your kids will be nice.  Relax, your kids will relax.  Seems so simple.  But, as I am trying to get the laundry done, blow my hair dry (at least once a week), have a clean kitchen, play with my kids, read to my kids, check to see that my husband is having a good day, talk to my sister, check in with my mom, I lose control.  I get overwhelmed.  I get sidetracked.  I forget.  I forget that I need to check in with myself.  I need to ease on down, ease on down this road.  Those girls, my babies, are so small.  They need me to be their refuge and their teacher.  They look to me for everything.  I want them to see a happy, healthy, less stressed mom than they do on most days.  
So, I have been mindful this month about my state of being and how it correlates to their state of being.  And, most of the time, I have to "just chill" and positive results follow.  How is your emotional status influencing those around you?  Are you giving off "good vibrations" or are you contaminating the environment?  Just Chill.  I'm trying it.

0 comments: