Monday, July 27, 2009

My Worry

I have been reading MckMama's blog for a few months now, obsessively, somewhat refreshed by her color and attitude.  And, this weekend, I was shocked to read how seriously, seriously, seriously ill her baby boy, Stellan, had become.  Through her blog, I sort of found an imaginary friend.  I look to her for advice, humor, inspiration.  And, my friend is going through a heart wrenching time.  Once again I get a little perspective.

Lately, my concerns have been about babies sleeping, toddlers using "mean words", not losing my cool too many times during the day, looking good (or better) in my bathing suit, and here is my imaginary friend having her heart broken a million times a day watching her baby boy fight for his life.  I try to figure out how to get dinner on the table without having a child get hurt or upset;  MckMama works on plans to meet her baby in Boston where he has been life-flighted.  I pray for wisdom about teaching Avery to listen to me; MckMama prays to hear Stellan's heart beat normally.  
I can't imagine it.  I feel guilty knowing that the worse thing I have had to face with my girls is a broken leg.  The nightmares that every parent faces at some point is her reality.  And, I will take that perspective.  I will realize that my issues are not huge, overwhelming.  They are doable, workable, possible.  At the same time, I must realize that they are worth fighting for, working on, working with.  
And, when I feel frustrated by a simple matter between my girls and me, I will pray for my MckMama friend.  I will pray for her baby boy.  

0 comments: