Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Thinking about God

I have just been thinking about God a lot today, about who he is to me, especially right now.  And, I feel like I am setting myself up for failure with the post, as I know I won't even touch the entirety of God, but that really isn't my purpose for this blog.  I just want to talk a minute about God and what I am really loving about him right now.  

He's mighty to save (click here to hear a song by this title).  What does that mean?  Save as in save me from my sins?  Save as in save my life?  Save as in save me from _________?  Yeah, I guess all of that.  He is so mighty to save.  He is my savior.  And, what a sweet joy that is!  There is no condemnation.  None.  He loves me that much.  Amazing.  But, just today, he saved me from sadness.  I believe that God knew that I was sad today, that I needed confirmation that my life matters.  So he confirmed it.  Nothing like what I expected or from someone who I would expect to be shown love, but it was kind love non-the-less.  
He answers my prayers.  Well, he always answers, but maybe not with what I specifically had in mind (see above paragraph).  Sometimes he changes my heart or my mind, so that I can see how his idea, his plan is better, bigger, just much, much better.  He knows my needs.  He sees my hurts.  He understands my fears.  My God cares for me.  Just this week I have seen him heal, protect, preserve, prosper people for whom I have prayed.  And, he hears my secret prayers.  The ones I utter when I am on the verge of tears and screams because my day just isn't going so great.  He knows I fear losing a child, literally and figuratively. He knows that I am frustrated, scared, annoyed, tired, sad.  He fills me with hope and trust and faith.  He reminds me of who he is, and that perspective makes things better.  He brings people into my life to show me, to teach me more about his character, his love.  
To sum up, I just want to say a little prayer of thanks.  God, you are so good.  You know me.  You love me.  You care about all the facets of my life.  You are not far from me.  You are God.  You answer prayers.  And, you are mighty to save.  
So what do I do with this?  What is my response?  If God loves me in my current condition, if he cares about me, about my ENTIRE life, how does this change how I treat people?  Couldn't I be more sensitive, more caring, more concerned, more helpful, more encouraging, more supportive?  Couldn't I try to listen more attentively, be more patient, speak upliftingly, judge less, be more vulnerable.  Because to be honest, sometimes I feel like I am putting myself out there and no one really cares, no one is really responding.  Oh, pity party me.  Gosh, I bet God really feels this way.  He totally put himself out there, as in on the cross, and I am sure he was hoping for a bigger response.  I sure would be, wouldn't you?  

0 comments: