Wednesday, May 20, 2009

You may have noticed that I haven't blogged this week.  I am a little swamped.  Emery is having some rough nights because of her top teeth coming in, making for noisy nights and parents with sleep deprivation.  I almost was in an accident yesterday because my mind is so dull from this.  I couldn't even really hold a conversation a dinner last night.  I went to be early and was sleeping so hard that I didn't even hear Emery screaming 5 feet away from me.  Ryan had to wake me as he heard her from the basement.  I guess I was really tired.  And, then there are those chores that I mentioned earlier.  I have started all of them and progress is being made, but what used to take me a day now takes me a week.  This is really frustrating for me, but I realize it is just how things are now.  On top of this, I am planning Avery's birthday party, working on the garden, and trying to keep my house from looking like a toddler bomb has exploded.  So, here are some random mentionings:

1.  I highly recommend Eating Well magazine.  I have so much fun making the recipes out of there and they are all geared towards eating in a healthy way.  After reading it cover to cover, I can't wait to cook.  
2.  I am in the mood to remove.  I took a load of old items to the Mission this week, gave some things to family members, and am trying to use up things hanging out in our cabinets.   We went to a party at the home of one of Ryan's professors last week.  Their home was so clean and minimal.  They had pictures and other items (everything matched a theme, mostly all based on the color blue) but no clutter.  I just loved how calming it was.  The kids didn't have TONS of stuff to get in to, and there was lots of room for them to play.  I was inspired by this, and am doing some work on my own home because of them.  
3.  No poo is about done.  We are nearing week four and I think I am done.  Here is why:  My face is broken out.  This never happens.  I am not a pimple person, really ever.  Thank, God!  So, when my face started feeling bumpy near the forehead and my chin grew some hills, I started to worry.  I like the idea of no poo; it makes total, logical sense.  But, I am a girl and I like to look pretty.  This phase may be over in total.  The vinegar rinse may be a weekly thing.  I will continue to use organic shampoo, but need to find better organic styling products.
I can't think of anything else that will work for just a list.  Maybe another day I will have time to elaborate on Vivian's beauty, June Belle's arrival, my love for all things citrus, etc.  Don't give up on me.  How about you offer me some sleep and sanity?  I don't have much to give today...

0 comments: