Friday, May 29, 2009

What a Day!

Ryan took today off, a rare, meaning nearly extinct, occasion.  We wanted to take the girls to the Pittsburgh Zoo as we are zoo members and want to make sure we get our worth out of our pass.  And, so this is what went on today, sort of in order as I can recall at this point in the evening:

1.  Emery was up lots last night with those darn two front teeth coming in (which, let me tell you, has made nursing real fun).  Her up = me tired.  Really, I must look like hell.  I am saying that because it is how it really must be.  I haven't slept a full night in 10 months people.  The skin and looking dull, the eyes not so bright...oh, this is for another post.  Back to today.
2.  Avery wakes up at 6am because she is so excited.  She wakes Emery up, and now we are all up.  Two wild and excited kids; two tired and cranky parents.  You've been there.  Not a pretty picture.  I told Ryan on the way over that I wouldn't have wanted to go to the zoo with us if I were our kids.  Good thing they forgive quickly.  
3.  We, along with most elementary school kids in the tri-state area, made it to the zoo by 10.  Wow.  I am going on every field trip that I can.  What chaos!  I have no idea how they kept track of all of those kids, even if they were dressed alike and wearing silly name tags.  Who votes for mircochips in our kids?  Me! Me!
4.  Having much fun at the zoo.  Kids were so good.  We decided to skip the down under part of the animal trail and head to The Strip District for lunch.  Love this idea.  
5.  On the way out of the zoo, we got the dreaded phone call from the mechanic.  Ryan's Jetta is pretty much a goner.  Engine is dead.  THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED kind of dead.  Ouch.  And, it's in Morgantown.  That towing bill should be great!  So, we're ditching the Jetta.  Now what?  A new car really wasn't in the plan.  Huge bummer.  I guess that money we had saved for vacation is going towards a new ride.  
6.  The Strip - total success.  La Prima and Enrico nearly saved the day.  
7.  Girls napped in the car on the way home.  Ruined my idea of the afternoon.  I wanted to make spaghetti sauce while they slept.  More about this later.  
8.  Ryan was upset about the car = can't stay home and think about it = Cabela's trip for a fishing pole for Avery.  Live animals in the am; stuffed animals in the pm.
9.  FFW to 10pm when I started making the spaghetti sauce that would have been done by now if the car nap hadn't ruined it all.  All is ready to go for tomorrow, only needing a few hours to simmer.  
I am totally exhausted.  Lots of ups and downs today.  Bed in a few minutes, please.  Emery sleep all night, please.  

1 comments:

Emily said...

What fun. Even if the girls did sleep through the night, would you? I'm going on three years.