Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Before Summer Comes

I have a list of "things to do" before summer, and in our little world summer begins when our pool opens in three and a half weeks.  I consider most of these small jobs fun, but finding the time to get them done is my problem.  With two small children, my world revolves around their nap schedules, but I also have my time consumers such as cleaning, cooking, and going to the gym.  I am the type who stresses when her house is a mess, and since the girls are both getting toys out, dirtying clothes, dropping food on the floor, etc., it is a mess most of  the time.  Cooking healthy food is another top priority for my household.  I try to make dinner most everynight (except on Mondays when the girls and I eat with my parents while Ryan works late), and I work hard to make sure that dinner is yummy and as healthy as it should be.  And then there's the gym.  The gym is my favorite part, but at times the hardest part.  Getting the girls dressed, out the door, and still having some sanity to go into pilates or yoga without my stress level totally destroying the atmosphere isn't easy.  But, do I ever feel like it is worth it every time!  More about this later.  I am thinking that if I list my hopes to do before summer, it will be a great reminder when I am checking my facebook page too often and have the time to do something a little more productive.  Here it is:

1.  Complete fall through present pages for Avery and Emery's scrapbooks.  I ordered all of my pictures yesterday, and they should arrive in a few days.  I have all of my supplies, and now I just need to come up with some page ideas.
2.  Make some yo-yo's (or pon poms) for a quilting project.  I found some OLD fabric that was my grandma's, and I have some ideas for using it.  Seriously, the fabric is from when my mom was little.  It is still in great shape.  I will take some shots when they come to life.
3.  Flowers, herbs, and veggies need to be planted in my gardens.  I still have some weeding to do, but the major prework is done.  When you live in the "city" it's hard to know what to do with all of the scraps of gardening and yard work.  I was raised in the country and we just too it down by the creek.  I hate throwing it away, and I can't afford a compost system yet.  Any ideas?
4.  Put my winter clothes away.  My summer wardrobe is out, but winter remains.  I am still uncertain that the warmth is here to stay.
5.  My goal.  I don't think I have mentioned my goal on my blog yet, so here it goes.  After having Emery, I wanted to lose my weight more quickly than I did with Avery.  I set the date for June 1 and I have currently lost 30 pounds.  But, that isn't my goal.  I still have 13 pounds left in order to meet my goal.  As you can see, I have some work left to do.  

And so you can see how goals 1-4 are hard to accomplish with my everyday things to do, especially when I want to meet my 5th goal so badly.  Cheer me on, okay?  I already have tons of ideas for my summer goals, so I really need to stay focused so I can meet these first.  Thanks for listening.  My offering today is encouragement to you.  Do something that you really want to do today.  Make some headway with a project, take a walk, show love to someone who needs to be loved - make a mark in the world today, make an offering.

3 comments:

Susan's Blog said...

I am the first in line to be your encourager today. I am so proud of all you do accomplish and the way you push yourself to follow through. I can see you healthy in every way from physically, emotionally, spiritually and just general well being taking care of you. You are a model for not only busy moms, but all women who want to stay balanced. I am a big fan and I will get out "pom-poms" of a different variety to cheer you on to keep your goals and continue to aspire to new ones in a well balanced and healthy way.
Susan

heather keenan said...

hey beathany! i just added a blog post to mine, and saw your comment. we do have a ton in common, and would have such a blast i'm sure if he lived close. it is a pleasure to get to know you better on here, and i'm proud of you and your goal making and hard work. you can do it! i know that your workout time will help you make your weight loss goal, and is improving your sanity at the same time. my last workout was a three mile walk at our annual pooch parade :)

Jennifer said...

wow 30lbs girl, that is AWESOME!!! Good job and good luck with the rest! (and with the rest of your list!)