Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Were I a Rich Man

I have been thinking about this list for about five years, and see how funny life is about answering them.  Were I a rich man (I mean REALLY rich), I would spend some of my money on the following:

1.  A Personal Physician  This would be a medical doctor who I could see once a week and call whenever I wanted.  I would want this person to help me set goals for physical health as I am all about preventative medicine.  For instance, my hips click and cause me minor pain after doing floor exercises or running for an extended time.  Why is this?  Help me fix it before I have to have hip replacement surgery at 40.  Also, I would want help with my pcos and how to work with this syndrome (and how to help my daughters in case of their development of it).  And, how handy would this be with having kids?  Really, this is a must.
2.  An Personal Psychiatrist  This person would be there for a weekly session or on call for emergency situations.  I just like talking things, good and bad, out.  I like learning about people and how they work.  I am raising two daughters and doing my best to have a very healthy marriage, hence someone skilled in relationship building would be so nice.  And, really, I need someone to walk me through those I'm-about-to-lose moments, like sleep training for instance.  3.  A Personal Photographer.  This artist would be around to take pictures every week or so to help me document my life.  I love pictures and love when people know what they are going behind a lens.  


So, here is what I have in my "rich" life (seriously, this all happened after I had these wishes):
1.  My sister in law, Corrie, is in medical school.  I can call her anytime I want, so she says now.  And, I live on residence row here in Washington where all of the residents live for our hometown hospital.  ER is in my backyard.  If I really needed them, I know those neighbors would help.  I'd rather have Corrie be my personal doctor because I tell her most everything already.  It may have to be long distance for a while, but we're good at communicating.
2.  Ryan will be a psychologist in two more years.  He can't prescribe meds, but I don't want them.  I just want the talks, and he's good at that.  He is my partner is raising our girls and working on our marriage.  Sometimes it's like living with the Super Nanny but I love it.  
3.  I want to be my own photographer.  I have the camera, I can get more equipment, I have the desire to learn.  Let's do it baby.  Shoot and capture.  

There are many more of these little wishes that I have, but I have a kitchen to clean and dinner to make.  We will save those for another day.  This makes one week of blogging here for me, and I have loved every day of it.  Thanks for reading, become a follower, and comment away.  Better yet, blog.  I'll read yours.  Love and Thanks.  I know it's not much of an "offering" for you all today, but a way for me to see how when my heart is in line with God's plan for my life, so are my desires.  May my wants be His wants...even if it is just to show the people that I love that I need them in my life, want them in my life, and support their dreams as well.  Go Ryan and Corrie, my future doctors.  I am so proud.

2 comments:

Annie and Greg said...

I'm really enjoying reading your blog! Come visit mine sometime if you like: http://becomingfamily.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Campbell said...

This is great...I need to hop on the blog train. I started one with my students last year (Mrs. Campbell's Poetry Soup for the Sophomore Soul) and this year (Sierra Stallion Senioritis), but now it's time for my own. Thanks for the inspiration!