Sunday, April 19, 2009

She Stands


Emery is my 9 month old, sweet baby girl.  She broke her femur about 6 weeks ago, has made a full recovery, been cast free for two weeks, and now she stands.  I found her like this after her nap yesterday which made her feel so happy (I think she likes being big like her sister).  We celebrated by having a pretzel and wearing our sunglasses inside.  Avery is teaching her to put her glasses on upside down, just like she does.  I knew they were going to love being sisters.  Emery is a really nice baby, but she does have her cranky moments, like the rest of us.  (Avery must be given credit for capturing this oh-so-real moment in our lives...the face of a cranky Emmy).  I just love my girls.  And, things are going to get a little crazy around here with two girls on the loose.  Look out, mommy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

Don't know how you find the time but certainly understand why you need the outlet. Yes, you are going to be in trouble when you have two on the "loose". Sure you don't want to reconsider about some kind of confinement?

The pictures of Emmy are great. I'll bet it was exciting to come into Emmy's room and find her standing in her crib! I'm sure she thought she was a big deal.

Your gardening efforts look great - the still life picture of flowers and chocolate is a really good composition - I downloaded it and may print out for a frame.

Susan & I spent a couple days planting flower seeds and beds and planning for our garden areas. Til our backs gave out...

Rainy day here today. Am catching up on a lot of paperwork and misc business. Besides taking care of "Old Lady duties" like ordering prescriptions, checking on stock sales, reviewing medical bills, etc.

the BajaRat (AKA - Al) :-)

Emily said...

Why do toddlers like to wear their sunglasses upside down? It's the only way Xzavier wears his.